The 2022 Play Tulsa Music Live Fund a has been fully allocated. As a result, 43 venues received $350,000 to fund more than 1,650 shows throughout 2022. Fund recipients include music venues, attractions, restaurants, bars, hotels and festivals located within Tulsa County.
You can keep up with future opportunities and FMAC programs by subscribing to our e-newsletter.
Live Music Fund
Helping local musicians and the live music sector get back to performing. This fund is focused on providing job opportunities for Tulsa-based musicians to perform at applicable Tulsa County venues.
The Tulsa Office of Film, Music, Arts & Culture (Tulsa FMAC) created the Tulsa County Music Recovery Program (Play Tulsa Music) with the goal to create an economic boost to the music ecosystem throughout Tulsa County, as well as help local musicians and the live music sector get back to performing. Play Tulsa Music is focused on providing job opportunities for musicians and support positions associated with live music performances.
Play Tulsa Music funding is now available for Tulsa County venues to be used exclusively for offsetting 50% of a musician/band performance fee incurred between April 1 and December 31, 2022.
$350,000 is allocated for venues meeting required criteria. The funding is designated in two distinct categories:
- $297,500 is available to eligible venues within Tulsa city limits.
- $52,500 is available for eligible venues in cities outside of Tulsa city limits, but within Tulsa County.
The Play Tulsa Music program is available to the following Tulsa County venues for consideration (Must be a registered LLC):
The following must be submitted to be considered for a funding allocation from the Play Tulsa Music program (application submission form through PlayTulsaMusic.com):
- Review of Official Play Tulsa Music Safety Checklist
- Schedule of proposed live performance(s)/event(s)/series
- All venues and musicians considered must be registered in the Tulsa Creativity Database
- Agree to promote each show utilizing the Play Tulsa Music logo and official hashtags (provided by Tulsa FMAC)
- Upload Play Tulsa Music funded event(s) to Root Tulsa, tagging #PlayTulsaMusic
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application and allocated funds for their event and/or series in a timely manner. Once funds are allocated and the event and/or series is completed, the venue must submit post-performance items to Tulsa FMAC for payment.
Guidelines for the Live Music Fund are available for review here.
An example Budget and Promotion Plan is available for download here.