The 2022 $152,000 Play Tulsa Music Creative Content Fund a has been fully allocated. As a result, 30 local artists to were enabled to pursue non-live creative projects utilizing 26 different Tulsa-based vendors
You can keep up with future opportunities and FMAC programs by subscribing to our e-newsletter.
Creative Content Fund
Propelling local musicians’ music careers by assisting the cost of creative projects done through music-focused small businesses in Tulsa County. This fund will give an economic boost to music focused small businesses and add to the creative content found in Tulsa.
Play Tulsa Music CREATORS is a newly created additional component to the Tulsa music recovery effort. The $100,000 fund is now available for Tulsa-based musicians to apply for funding to assist in covering costs for creative projects that will help propel their music career further, and in turn, add to creative content found in Tulsa County. This funding must be used before December 31, 2022.
Musicians must select professional small businesses within Tulsa County that meet the following requirements:
- Tulsa-based Musicians/Bands
- Musician/Band is registered in the Music Directory of the Tulsa Creativity Database, administered by Tulsa FMAC
- Musician/Band has music available via streaming platforms and/or own platform/website
- Musician/Band regularly performs throughout the Tulsa Music Scene
- Tulsa-based Creative Support Service (Vendor/Business)
- Business must be located in Tulsa County
- Business must be registered as a Support Service in the Tulsa Creativity Database, administered by Tulsa FMAC
Qualifying Expenditures include (Business must be based in Tulsa County):
- Professional recording studio time (for full album or single song session)
- Professional videography (for music video or performance recording)
- Professional photography (to update websites and/or promotional material).
- Professional electronic press kit items (Website, bio, etc.)
- Additional items that meet requirements will be considered based on requests from musicians/bands
The following must be submitted to be considered for a funding allocation from the Play Tulsa Music Creative Content program:
- Summary of project
- Support Service (Vendor/Business) Estimate Proposal *Info from business must include: Name, contact email, phone number, address, description of proposed service, estimated cost
- List of past Tulsa performances in the last 3 years
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application and allocated funds for their project in a timely manner. Once the project is completed, the Musician/Band will work with the Creative Support Service (Vendor/Business) to submit an invoice for final payment. Payment will go directly to the Creative Support Service (Vendor/Business).
Guidelines for the Creative Content Fund are available for review here.
An example of Application Requirements is available for review here.